Rose Heart Soap
How to make rose heart soap.
What you will need:
1 kg Opaque melt and pour soap base
25ml Red pigment colour
25ml Green pigment colour
25ml Rose fragrance oil
1 Rose heart soap mould
100 gram pink rose buds
100ml Rubbing alcohol
Buy the kit here!
- Cut your 1 kg opaque soap base in half, then cut one half into small chunks and place into a pan. Slowly heat the chunks until all chunks are melted, remember to regularly stir the soap and do not exceed 70°C. Once fully melted add around 10ml of rose fragrance oil.Step 2:
- Once the soap base has fully melted, pour around 100ml of melted soap into a separate tub or container and add 10ml of red pigment, stir thoroughly until desired colour is achieved.
- Carefully spoon the melted red soap into the rose head section of the mould until fully covered. Wipe away any soap spillages or imperfections with tissue and allow a few minutes for the red rose heads to set.Step 4:
- Now go back to the base you melted earlier, pour an additional 100ml of melted soap into a separate tub or container and add 10ml of green pigment, stir thoroughly until desired colour is achieved.
- Carefully spoon the melted green soap over the red soap, and into the petals section of the mould, until the petals are fully submerged. Wipe away any soap spillages or imperfections with tissue and allow a few minutes for the green petals to set.
- Using the remainder of the opaque base we melted earlier, fill the reaming cavities to the top and allow to set. Rubbing alcohol can be sprayed on the soaps at this step to disperse the surface bubbles for a better finish. Leave the soaps to fully set for around 2 hours, or place in the fridge for 30 minutes.Step 7:
- Once your soaps are fully set, they should pop out the mould easily, if you are struggling to pop them out, allow them to set for a while longer. You have now completed your rose heart soap bars!
Decorate with pink rose buds to enhance the look and smell of your soap bars.
You can now repeat the whole process with the left over ingredients to make another 4 soap bars.